This series was inspired by Annie’s Ultimate Playlist posts, which are just awesome. This is just a collection of a lot of the music I’ve been listening to lately, because even though I have a dreadful singing voice and basically no musical ability, I do love listening to music. You can see the previous playlists here: (x and x).
1. home by edward sharpe & the magnetic zeros // I saw this song on last week’s episode of Glee and I thought they did a wonderful (albeit a bit cheesy) job of it. So I looked up the original and I really like it – so fun and upbeat.
2. riptide by vance joy (and taylor swift’s cover) // This song is so calming and just nice to listen to. I’m not a big Taylor Swift fan but I heard her cover of this song on tumblr and it sounds amazing, so I’ve included it above.
3. the paper kites // I’ve been listening to a ton of stuff by The Paper Kites, my favourites being Paint and Bloom. But all their songs are really great. Leopold Street is another favourite (and the lyrics are so sad).
4. homeward bound by simon & garfunkel // As you may or may not now, Simon & Garfunkel are two of my favourite singers. I’m obsessed with all their music but right now I’m listening to this one a lot.
5. soundtrack: inside llewyn davis // Last year this was one of the Oscar noms, and while I didn’t really love (or understand) the movie, the soundtrack is fantastic. I especially love Fare Thee Well.
Let me know what you’ve been listening to lately! I love finding new music, and I have an iTunes giftcard that’s just begging to be spent.