This series was inspired by Annie’s Ultimate Playlist posts, which are just awesome. This is just a collection of a lot of the music I’ve been listening to lately, because even though I have a dreadful singing voice and basically no musical ability, I do love listening to music. You can see the previous playlists here: (x | x | x).
1. end of the line by the traveling wilburys // this was the song they played during the credits on the very last episode of Parks & Rec, so every time I listen to it I want to cry, even though it’s actually a pretty happy song.
2. wildflowers by tom petty // I stumbled upon this song which was also used in Parks & Rec, when Ann and Chris leave the show, and it’s just so calm and nice to listen to. I love Tom Petty <3
3. if it’s the beaches by the avett brothers // I haven’t listened to much by The Avett Brothers, but this song is right up my alley.
4. crash into me by dave matthews band // the 90s vibes are flying around my room lately. Fun fact: this song made it onto the US Billboard chart the year I was born.
5. where does the good go by tegan and sara // another TV connection – this song was played a few times on Grey’s Anatomy, but most notably in the goodbye scene with Cristina and Mer when they dance it out. Also – Canadian singers! (I’m legally obligated as a Canadian to point out when any famous person is also Canadian)
6. lost in the light by bahamas // my mom loved a song by Bahamas called “Can’t Take You With Me” so I searched them up and found that they have really great music. This is my favourite song from them. I’m also seeing them in Toronto in May at a music festival! Bonus: also a Canadian band (from Toronto, actually)
7. uptown funk by bruno mars and mark ronson // I hate to say it, but this song is just so catchy.
8. without you by ingrid michaelson // another song from the Grey’s soundtrack – every time I listen to this song I think of Jackson and April so obviously it’s perfect.
9. jessie’s girl by mary lambert // I saw Jamie @ The Perpetual Page Turner talking about Mary Lambert and I remembered loving her in Same Love, so I checked her out and she has such a beautiful voice. I love the original version of this song but this is a really unique take on it.
10. hand in my pocket/i feel the earth move (mashup from Glee) // you know that I’m in a love-HATE relationship with Glee but this song just makes me wanna dance. I love Alanis and I really like how they mashed this up. It also helps that the proposal came right after this!!
I feel like this list could go on and on because I’ve been finding a lot of good music lately, but I’m gonna stop here for now. I’m also looking for new music recs so please let me know what you’ve been listening to recently!!